From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Specialist technical support is delivered through 64 state-wide Networks consisting of 4 to 11 sub-Networks of schools.
Network Committees are required to arrange schools into clusters and with assistance from the Information Technology Division (ITD), recommend, appoint and manage the contracted specialist technicians responsible for servicing each Network.
The committees may include representation from all schools in the cluster and are required to liaise with the co-ordinating Specialist Technician who co-ordinates the technicians contracted to the Network.
Network Committee Responsibilities
The Committees assume ownership of the specialist technical support delivery including:
- Selecting contractors to service Networks, with the assistance of the Department's Information Technology Division.
- Management of contractor performance.
- Setting of overall goals and priorities for specialist support within the cluster.
- Setting schedules of attendance for each school.
- Resolving local issues between schools and contracted technicians.
- Modifying fortnightly visitation schedules to suit particular needs.
- Appointing a Network Administering School to renumerate the contractors.
Assistance Provided to Network Committees, Schools and Contracted Specialist Technicians
ITD assists the Network Committees manage this project by:
- Ensuring the Network Administering Schools have funding to renumerate contracted specialist technicians.
- Providing a Business and Operations website detailing eduSTAR.TSS policies and procedures at http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/techroom/tssp/
- Providing a time sheet facility for contracted specialist technicians which is viewable by Network committees, schools and ITD.
- Providing an online discussion facility for specialist technicians to share knowledge at http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/techroom/ (you will need your EduMail pin number and password to access this page)
- Assisting in the recruitment and selection process by advertising vacancies, collating applications, assisting on interview panels and assisting the Network Committee in making a recommendation.
- Being involved in direct contract negotiation and contract management with the panel of suppliers.
- Providing communication to Network Committees, schools and contracted technicians.
- Providing tools (software), alerts (virus alerts, etc) and some training to assist the contracted technicians deliver their services.
- Assisting the Network Committee to resolve escalated conflicts.
- Providing additional assistance to some remote rural areas by negotiating additional travelling time or additional annual travelling expenses with contractors.