From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
The Department provides advice on cybersafety and educating young people to be safe and responsible users of digital technologies and social media tools.
This includes information, resources and policy to help you make the most of the opportunities that are presented by developments in, and the increased accessibility of, digital technologies. It also supports your school in minimising the risks that may arise through the use of these digital technologies.
Guides that include practical steps and actions are available to support you and other Department employees to protect, respond to or manage an online incident of concern.
For more information, see:
- Bully Stoppers – supports parents, teachers and principals in working together to make sure schools are safe and supportive places
- Schools and Cybersafety – school based cybersafety education and conversations with adults are two major factors that influence young people's online safety strategies
- Step-by-step Guides – practical steps and actions to protect, respond to or manage an online incident of concern.
- Responding to Incidents – helpful advice and support to manage and respond to serious incidents affecting students.
- Bullying Prevention Policy – should be developed collaboratively with staff, students, parents or caregivers and the wider school community.