This page gives schools information to provide to software developers so that they can meet the minimum mandatory requirements for producing student report cards for Victorian government schools.
- Software specifications (doc - 222kb) – contains the technical information for developers and vendors, and provides links to supporting documentation. [Last updated July 2014]
- Algorithm (pdf - 15.22kb) | Algorithm (xls - 70.5kb) – demonstrates how A-E ratings are generated from teachers’ scores. The algorithm calculates a mean score, rounds the mean score up to the nearest quartile then allocates the corresponding A-E rating to appear on the report. [Last updated December 2012]
- Dimension codes and scores (doc - 115.5kb) includes all the dimension codes, domain and dimension descriptions, and the minimum and maximum scores for each dimension. [Last updated December 2012]
- EAL dimension score translation (docx - 34.34kb) – translation tables showing EAL dimension scores and their corresponding AusVELS scores for CASES21. [Last updated December 2014]
- The English as an Additional Language (EAL) Companion to AusVELS – provides a framework for assessing student achievement and developing effective learning programs for the many students in Victorian schools who are learning English as an additional language.
- CASES21 functional requirements for Aegis 8902 – defines the specific business systems requirements that will be implemented by Aegis 8902: to replace VELS scoring with AusVELS in CASES21 (v53.1 release), and includes AusVELS XSD schema files PRS211 export and PRS212 import. [Last updated June 2013]
- PRS211 semester 2 – sample file for export of data in CASES21 [Last updated June 2013]
- PRS212 – sample file for import of data in CASES21 [Last updated June 2013]
- The VCAA website provides a range of resources and information including implementation of AusVELS, curriculum planning and reporting guidelines
- The AusVELS website – provides the complete set of achievement standards across all domains to be used for assessment and reporting.