From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
“We thought there was a great balance between learning and adventure activities. We thought it was a great value for the amount of different activities the students got to see. Thanks so much for the great experience for our students!”
Teacher from Mill Park Primary
- The City Kids Experiencing Country Life initiative provides metropolitan Years 5 & 6 students a chance to experience rural life and develop an understanding of the historical and contemporary role of regional and rural communities in Victoria.
- Camp costs and transport costs are partly subsidised through the Victorian Government’s Regional Growth Fund.
- Schools can choose camps in several different regions, each with unique attributes. The common theme is farming and food production. Students also learn about the diverse career opportunities in these areas.
- Although usually a three day program, each camp can be tailored to suit school needs and may include regional school visits.
- Local Learning and Employment Networks will provide logistical support and educational support for schools who wish to engage with their camps.
- Local Learning and Employment Networks have developed a flyer outlining the program and co-ordinator contact details.
Download the brochure: City Kids Experiencing Country Life Initiative (pdf - 3.73mb)
How to register your interest
Follow the links below for proposed activities on each program. The dates, length of program, number of students attending and activities undertaken can be negotiated with the LLEN coordinators.
All government, independent and Catholic metropolitan based Year 5 and 6 students are eligible to attend.
Contact the regional LLEN coordinators.to discuss 2014 and 2015 programs.
|| LLEN Regional Coordinator|
Paddock to Plate
Contact: Samantha Hawtin
North East LLEN
Phone: (02) 6056 0966
Contact: Jenny Sheriff
Phone: (03) 5336 5021
The Mighty Murray
Contact: Anne Trickey
Campaspe Cohuna LLEN
Phone: (03) 5482 6055
Cows to Coast
Contact: Libby Swayn, Project Facilitator
South West LLEN
Phone: (03) 5561 0047
Southern Coast adventure
Contact: Karena Kerr
South Gippsland LLEN
Phone: (03) 5662 5500
Contact: Bianca Baker
East Gippsland LLEN
Phone: (03) 5153 1745