Providing for academic high achievers
Selective entry high schools provide an educationally enriched environment for academically high achieving students.
There are currently four selective entry high schools in Victoria for students in Years 9−12:
- Melbourne High School (boys only)
- The Mac.Robertson Girls' High School (girls only)
- Nossal High School (coeducational)
- Suzanne Cory High School (coeducational)
A centralised selection process is used to admit students to the four selective entry schools. Each year students need to sit a common entrance exam in order to be considered for the following school year.
Applications for the 2017 school year will open on 17 February 2016.
The following information gives you a comprehensive overview about the selection and application process:
- About the Schools – gives a brief explanation of the four selective entry high schools in Victoria and includes links to their websites
- How to Apply – outlines important points to consider prior to applying, including who is eligible to apply and application timelines
- Practice Tests – provides information and practice tests to prepare your child prior to sitting the entrance examination
- Sitting the Entrance Examination – outlines general information and tips to help your child prepare for the examination; it also explains what your child can bring (and not bring) to the examination.
- Outcome of Application – explains how places are offered and examination outcomes.