Checklists for identifying gifted children
References and further reading
- Baker, (1996). Everyday stressors of academically gifted adolescents. Journal of Secondary Gifted Education, 7, pp.356-368
- Chaffey, G.W., Bailey, S.B., & Vine, K.W. (2003). Identifying high academic potential in Australian Aboriginal children using dynamic testing. Australasian Journal of Gifted Education, 12(1), pp. 42-55.
- Daniel, N. (1989). Out of the Richardson Study: A Look at Flexible Pacing. The Gifted Child Today.12,5. 48-52
- Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (2014). Aiming High - A strategy for gifted and talented children and young people 2014-2019
- Elkind, D. (1988). Acceleration. Young Children, 43 (4)
- Freeman, J. (1991). Gifted children growing up. London: Cassell
- Freeman, J. (2001). Gifted children grown up. London: David Fulton Publishers
- Gagne, F. (2004).Towards a differentiated model of giftedness and talent. In N. Collangelo & G.A .Davis (Eds.), Handbook of giftedness and talent. Needham Heights, M.A: Allyn & Bacon.
- GERRIC, School of Education, The University of New South Wales, Regional and Remote workshops for Parents about Gifted Education (2004). Writers: Professor Mirica Gross, Caroline Merrick, Ruth Targett, Dr Graham Chaffy, Bronwyn McLeod, Stan Bailey.
- Gross. M. U. M. (1989). The pursuit of excellence or the search for intimacy? The forced-choice dilemma of gifted youth. Roeper Review, 11(4), pp.189-194.
- Gross, M. U. M. (1993). Exceptionally gifted children. London: Routledge.
- Harrison, C. (2003). Giftedness in early childhood (3rd ed.). Sydney: GERRIC, University of NSW.
- Karnes, F.A. & Riley T.L (2013). The Best Competitions for Talented Kids. Waco,TX: Prufrock Press.
- Kerr, B. A. (1994) Smart Girls: A new psychology of girls, women & giftedness. Scottsdale, AZ: Gifted Psychology Press.
- Neihart, M., Reis, S.M., Robinson, N.M., & Moon, S.M (2002). The social and emotional development of gifted children: What do we know? Washington, DC: National Association for Gifted Children.
- Neville, S., Piechowski, M. M. & Tolan, S., S. (2013) Off the Charts; Asynchrony and the Gifted Child. Unionville, New York: Royal Fireworks Press.
- Parliament of Victoria's Education and Training Committee, Inquiry into education of gifted and talented students (2012)
- Piechowski, M.M. (1997) Emotional giftedness: The measure of intrapersonal intelligence. In N, Colangelo & G.A. Davis (Eds), The Handbook of Gifted Education (2nd ed). pp. 366-381. Boston: Allyn& Bacon.
- Piechowski, M.M. (2006). “Mellow Out” They say. If I Only I Could. Madison, Wisconsin: Yunasa Books
- Porter, L. (2005). Gifted young children: A guide for teachers and parents (2nd ed.). Sydney, Australia: Allen & Unwin.
- Rimm, Sylvia: See keynote presentation by Sylvia Rimm at 2015 World Conference on Gifted and Talented Children: From Underachievement to wondrous achievement: Practical strategies for motivating gifted students
- Rogers. K. (2002). Re-forming gifted education: Matching the program to the child. Scottsdale, Arizona: Great Potential Press.
- Van Tassel-Baska, J. (1998). Characteristics and needs of talented learners. In J. Van Tassel-Baska (Ed), Excellence in educating gifted and talented learners (3rd ed). Denver: Love Publishing Company
- Wormald, C. & Vialle, W. (Ed) (2011). Giftedness from an Indigenous Perspective. Australia: AAEGT.