Before Making a Complaint
From Term 1 2017, Victorian government and Catholic schools will use the new Victorian Curriculum F-10. Curriculum related information is currently being reviewed and may be subject to change.
For more information on the curriculum, see:
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 - VCAA
Parent complaints are best handled at the school level.
Schools need to know if you have any concerns about your child's education. Teaching and learning works best when parents and schools work together to solve any problems.
Before you approach your child's teacher or school:
- be clear about the issues you want to discuss
- focus on the facts and the things that affect your child
- remember you may not have all the facts relating to the matter you want to raise
- think about how the matter could be resolved
- be informed by checking the Department's and the school's policies and guidelines
- be realistic about what the school can do.