An employee may be eligible for reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket expenses actually and necessarily incurred in the course of his or her authorised duties in the following circumstances:
- expenses associated with an overnight absence from home or part day duties away from their basae location;
- travel and removal expenses on relocation
- expenses incurred in using private vehicles
- expenses incurred to travel to attend an interview
- other out of pocket expenses considered necessary and reasonable.
Reimbursement of expenses is subject to the requirements of Part 7 of Ministerial Order 1038.
For comprehensive policy and processing information concerning reimbursement of expenses see the information below.
Teaching Service | Public Service
Policy and Guidelines
- Reimbursement of Travel and Personal Expenses Guide Teaching Service - last updated 29 August 2017 (PDF) (WORD)
Procedures & Forms
- Application to use a private vehicle on official duty (WORD)
- Travel expenses claim form school based staff (WORD)
- Application for payment of relocation expenses (WORD)
- Travel and Personal Expenses Administration procedures (WORD)
Other Department policy information
Australian Taxation Office information