Web Developer Guidelines
Web Development presents all guidelines for developing and maintaining web pages and websites to the required standards of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD).
A separate Web Developer Quality Assurance checklist (XLS - 370KB) document is available for download that should be used to check compliance with these requirements and which is needed for manual reporting back to the department's Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration Unit (KSCU) to show compliance to the standards.
Web Development comprises an exhaustive list of guidelines broken down by web component focus, each of which individually link to further information on what the guideline is and how to implement it. Further links take the user back to the original source authority for the guideline for any required further investigation or more detailed discussion.
This section displays the guidelines broken down by:
- core web page components
- multimedia areas of Audio and Video and Flash
- and the user-interactive areas of Blogs, Podcasts, RSS and Wikis.
Each guideline grouping lists the the requirements that must be met and each provides:
- further information focussing on what the subject area is
- what the specific requirement is that must be met
- any recommendations on how to address the requirement
- possible checking tools to be used to meet the requirement
- and a link to the original source of the requirement.
These web pages have been formatted to provide a clean printout when using the browser's