The approval system under the National Quality Framework comprises three inter-related approvals; provider approval, service approval and approval to hold a supervisor certificate.
Provider and service approvals and supervisor certificates are granted by the Regulatory Authority (in Victoria the Department of Education and Training). Once granted, approvals are ongoing unless suspended or cancelled by the Department.
Victorian education and care services licensed prior to 1 January 2012 transitioned into the
Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010:
- licensees are now approved providers
- licensee representatives are now persons with management or control
- licensed services are now approved services
- primary nominees are now the nominated supervisors
- approved nominees are now certified supervisors.
Forms for new provider approvals, service approvals and supervisor certificates are available from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) website. See:
More information can be accessed in the fact sheet
Approvals and Certificates available at:
Fact Sheets and Resources