Changes to the National Quality Framework begin 1 October. Sections of this website are in the process of being updated. For information about the changes, see:
Changes to the National Quality Framework
You may have concerns regarding the safety, health or wellbeing of children, or the behaviours and practices of staff at an early childhood service and want to make a complaint.
When will we investigate a complaint?
We will investigate a complaint that alleges:
- the safety, health or wellbeing of a child was compromised while being educated and cared for
- the National Law, National Regulations or Children's Services Act has been contravened.
For more information, see:
Concerns About Your Child Care
If you wish to make a complaint about an early childhood education and care service please contact your relevant regional office, see:
Complaints about the Quality Assessment and Regulation Division
The Quality Assessment and Regulation Division (QARD) is committed to responding to all complaints. We have a clear process for handling complaints which is outlined in our Complaints Procedure Framework below.
What can I make a complaint about?
- a QARD staff member
- your satisfaction with the action taken by QARD.
How will my complaint be managed?
- acknowledge your complaint
- contact you if we require further information
- aim to resolve your complaint promptly
- provide you with a written response that is clear and informative
- help you contact the right person if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint.
How can I make a complaint?
About a child care service or provider
To make a complaint about a child care service or child care provider see this page: Concerns about your child care or call us on 1300 307 415.
About the Quality Assessment and Regulation Division or our staff
Anyone wishing to provide feedback or make a complaint about a QARD staff member or their experience with QARD is encouraged to contact their QARD regional office in the first instance. To view the relevant contact details, see:
If your complaint cannot be resolved by your regional office please complete the Complaint Form below and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also telephone (03) 8392 5002 to discuss your complaint.