You may have concerns regarding the safety, health or wellbeing of children, or the behaviours and practices of staff at an early childhood service and want to make a complaint.
When will we investigate a complaint?
We will investigate a complaint that alleges:
- the safety, health or wellbeing of a child was compromised while being educated and cared for
- the National Law, National Regulations or Children's Services Act has been contravened.
For more information, see:
Concerns About Your Child Care
If you wish to make a complaint about an early childhood education and care service please contact your relevant regional office, see:
Complaints about the Quality Assessment and Regulation Division
The Quality Assessment and Regulation Division (QARD) is committed to responding to all complaints. We have a clear process for handling complaints which is outlined in our Complaints Procedure Framework below.
What can I make a complaint about?
- a QARD staff member
- your satisfaction with the action taken by QARD.
How will my complaint be managed?
- acknowledge your complaint
- contact you if we require further information
- aim to resolve your complaint promptly
- provide you with a written response that is clear and informative
- help you contact the right person if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint.
How can I make a complaint?
Anyone wishing to provide feedback or make a complaint about a QARD staff member or their experience with QARD is encouraged to contact their QARD regional office in the first instance. To view the relevant contact details, see:
If your complaint cannot be resolved by your regional office please complete the Complaint Form below and send it to:
You can also telephone (03) 8392 5002. to discuss your complaint.