You may have concerns regarding the safety, health or wellbeing of children, or the behaviours and practices of staff at an early childhood service and want to make a complaint.

A complaint that alleges that the safety, health or wellbeing of a child or children was, or is being compromised while that child or children is or are being educated and cared for by the approved education and care service; or that the National Law and/or National Regulations (or Children's Services Act) has been contravened will be investigated by the Department.

For more information please see: Concerns About Your Child Care​

If you wish to make a complaint about an early childhood education and care service please contact your relevant regional office, see: Quality Assessment and Regulation: Regional Offices​ (docx - 762.25kb)

Complaints about the Quality Assessment and Regulation Division​
The Quality Assessment and Regulation Division (QARD) is committed to responding to all complaints. We have a clear process for handling complaints which is outlined in our Complaints Procedure Framework below.​

What can I make a complaint about?

  • a QARD staff member
  • your satisfaction with the action taken by QARD

​How will my complaint be managed?

We will:

  • acknowledge your complaint
  • contact you if we require further information
  • aim to resolve your complaint promptly
  • provide you with a written response that is clear and informative
  • help you contact the right person if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint

How can I make a complaint?

Anyone wishing to provide feedback or make a complaint about a QARD staff member or their experience with QARD is encouraged to contact their QARD regional office in the first instance. To view the relevant contact details, see: Quality Assessment and Regulation: Regional Offices​ (docx - 762.25kb)

If your complaint cannot be resolved by your regional office please complete the Complaint Form below and send it to or telephone (03) 9651 3582.