- To understand the connection between work and learning.
- To reflect on the different relationships and purposes of relationships in a typical day.
- To locate possibilities for learning within your own “work” experiences and context.
1. Below are brief audio examples from three MCH Nurses describing the workplace, including the rewards, challenges and interactions with others.
Example 1 (MP3 - 2.6Mb)
Edumail account required Transcript - Example 1 (RTF - 10Kb)Example 2 (MP3 - 3.7Mb)
Edumail account required Transcript - Example 2 (RTF - 13Kb)Example 3 (MP3 - 2.7Mb)
Edumail account required
Transcript - Example 3 (RTF - 11Kb)
2. Take a moment to think about (or discuss with colleagues):
- How does your experience compare to those in the audio?
- Who do you connect with during a typical day?
- What are the possibilities for learning in each type of relationship you encounter?
- What possible places or spaces for learning might there be in your workplace?
- Have you previously thought about what you learn from your clients?
3. Below are examples of MCH Nurses talking about ways they have learnt and their reflections on their work and learning - listen to each one.
Example 1 My reflections (MP3 - 3.3Mb)
- How do your reflections compare to these examples?
- Do you think about your broad range of learning experiences in the workplace?
Edumail account required Transcript - Example 1 (RTF - 13Kb)Example 2 My reflections (MP3 - 3.2Mb)
Edumail account required Transcript - Example 2 (RTF - 10Kb)Example 3 My reflections (MP3 - 3.1Mb)
Edumail account required Transcript - Example 3 (RTF - 14Kb)