What is On Track?
On Track is a Victorian Government initiative which surveys school leavers who have left school in the last six months to find out if they are on track to a bright future.
On Track ensures school leavers are contacted within six months of leaving school to see if they are on a path to further education, training or employment. It also enables young people to seek further advice and assistance via a referral service if required to get back on track.
How is the information collected used?
On Track destination data helps provide a comprehensive picture of what happens to young people after they leave school. This assists the Victorian Government improve school, career, local job and training services. It also helps to develop the support available to young people, to ensure they have access to the guidance and skills they need to achieve their education and employment goals.
A range of reports are produced annually from On Track survey data. These include:
Local level reports
- On Track Destination data of school leavers for each Victorian school are available for download in VASS. VASS administrators can download their school report by using the menu SYSTEM ADMIN >Downloads. To see all available reports, enter On Track In the Key Words box and click on the <Find> button.
The following reports are no longer being produced.
- Year 12 Completers - destination results and VTAC (Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre) tertiary applications and enrolments data for Year 12 completers in each Victorian school.
- Learning and Employment Network (LLEN) Reports - destination pathways of Year 12 completers and Early School Leavers for each LLEN in Victoria.
- Longitudinal Survey - follows specific groups of Year 12 completers to develop of more detailed picture of their transitions over the 4 years after they leave school.
- TAFE Study Area (TSA) Reports - destination pathways of Year 12 completers and Early school leavers for each TSA in Victoria.
If you have any queries or would like more information on On Track data, please contact: