The Government has committed $16 million to set up one-stop-shop Skills and Jobs Centres based at TAFEs across Victoria.
Skills and Jobs Centres are the first port-of-call for students looking to start training, workers needing to re-skill or retrain, and for employers to meet workforce needs.
What are Skills and Jobs Centres?
If you are looking to train or reskill, the Skills and Jobs Centres should be your first port-of-call to get expert advice on training and employment opportunities.
These one-stop-shops offer a range of support services for individuals and businesses.
Our TAFEs are the key hubs for all the Skills and Jobs Centres, ensuring that the centres are tailored to meet the needs of their local communities and industries.
Though the individual Centres are locally focused, they are also connected, meaning your local Skills and Jobs Centre is able to link you into the Centre or TAFE that best suits your particular training needs.
The Centres also work across a broad range of industries so that all employers and firms can benefit from their local Centre’s work.
Who will use a Skills and Jobs Centre?
Skills and Jobs Centres are aimed at:
- prospective students
- apprentices and trainees
- unemployed or retrenched workers.
What services will they provide?
Skills and Jobs Centres offer advice and a range of services including:
- apprenticeship and traineeship advice
- referral to additional service providers offering welfare support and financial advice
- job search skills and resume preparation assistance
- assistance to identify existing skills with the opportunity to formalise these through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- access to information on employment trends, industry areas with skills shortages and employment opportunities
- assistance with career and training plans, identifying training qualifications that could be undertaken to make a successful career transition.
Find your nearest Centre
This map shows Skills and Job Centres now open. A full list of current and future Centre locations is below.
Skills and Jobs Centres locations
The Skills and Jobs Centres are opening across Victoria in all major regional centres and in metropolitan Melbourne. A flagship, independent Skills and Jobs Centre is being established in Melbourne’s CBD at 21 Degraves Street. Below is a list of Skills and Jobs Centres.
Shepparton campus: 147 Corio Street
Wangaratta: 27 Docker Street
William Angliss Institute
Centre opening soon
555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne
Chadstone campus: Batesford Road, Chadstone 3148
Phone: 03 9564 2755
MetroWest: 138 Nicholson St, Footscray
Sunshine campus: Building W, 460 Ballarat Road
Melton: address to be confirmed
Phone: 03 9919 9988
Centre opening soon
Grant Street Campus