The Ultranet gives teachers easy access to learning tools, resources and student information in one place. They can:
- access learning spaces and online tools that extend the classroom
- plan and share learning ideas and activities with colleagues across Victoria
- access quality-assured digital resources and collaboratively design and share content with colleagues
- access a rich source of information about each student they teach so they can more easily tailor learning activities to student needs.
Teachers have access to:
- a personal Home page where they can see school or community notices and add their favourite tools and applications
- an eXpress Space to capture, share and reflect upon their professional learning
- design to collaborate with colleagues within and across schools, share professional practice, design student learning activities and plan curriculum
- Collaborative Learning to set up learning spaces with groups of students within and across classes and schools
- Community spaces to find out the latest school news and events and get involved in school-based groups, clubs or activities
- a Learner Profile for every student they teach showing learning progress, attendance, timetable, tasks/submissions and teacher feedback
- Learning Tasks where they can plan, deliver and assess learning activities
- My Content where they can find quality assured online resources to support their teaching practice.
Teachers can access resources to assist them with the Ultranet from eduGate - Ultranet Space (secure, intranet site).
Teachers who have registered to access the Ultranet can go to the support site for help with using the Ultranet in their classroom, see: Ultranet (secure site).
Accessing the Ultranet
All teachers in Victorian government schools now have access to the Ultranet. To register:
- Go to www.education.vic.gov.au/firstuse and enter your 8 digit eduMail UserID and password.
- Tick the box to confirm that you comply with the Ultranet Terms of Service, then click 'Log On'.
- A second screen will appear asking you to confirm your eduMail password. Click 'Submit' to complete the registration
For a video tutorial on how to register, see: Registration – Staff with eduMail accounts (secure access)
If you have successfully registered, but still can’t log into the Ultranet, contact the Technical Support.