The Marrung Education Scholarship program provides scholarships to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Years 11 and 12. The scholarships recognise students who demonstrate a high potential to succeed in their chosen pathway.
Marrung Education Scholarships are for students who:
- are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, and;
- are completing Year 10 at a Victorian government school, and;
- are planning on completing Year 11 and 12 at a Victorian government school.
Applications for the 2018 Marrung Education Scholarships are now open. To apply, see:
Applications close on Friday 10 November, 2017.
A selection panel made up of representatives of the Department and the Victorian Aboriginal Education Association Incorporated (VAEAI) reviews applications and selects the 20 successful applicants. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- involvement in the Aboriginal community
- Year 10 academic results
- school, community or extra-curricular achievements
- attitudes to schooling and future goals
- references from the school and community.
For further information or to submit an application send an email with the subject line '2018 Marrung Education Scholarships' to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other scholarship opportunities
The Department administers more than 25 different student scholarships that award up to 220 individual scholarship awards each year. For more information, see: Scholarships