The Marrung Education Scholarships (formerly known as the Wannik Education Scholarships) program provides scholarships to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Years 11 and 12. The scholarships recognise students who demonstrate a high potential to succeed in their chosen pathway.
Who can apply?
Marrung Education Scholarships are for students who:
- are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- are completing Year 10 at a Victorian government school
- are planning on completing Year 11 and 12 at a Victorian government school.
How to apply for a 2018 Marrung Education Scholarship
Guidelines and the application form for the 2018 Marrung Education Scholarships will be uploaded to this site in Term 4, 2017.
How are successful applicants selected?
A selection panel made up of representatives of the Department and the Victorian Aboriginal Education Association Incorporated (VAEAI) reviews applications and selects the 20 successful applicants. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- involvement in the Aboriginal community
- Year 10 academic results
- school, community or extra-curricular achievements
- attitudes to schooling and future goals
- references from the school and community.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2018 Marrung Education Scholarships.
Other scholarship opportunities
The Department of Education and Training administers more than 25 different student scholarships that award up to 220 individual scholarship awards each year. For further information, see: