The School Policy and Funding Advisory Council provides advice to the Minister for Education on regulatory, policy and funding issues that affect government and non-government schools.
The council has five members:
- Gill Callister, Secretary, Department of Education and Training (Chair)
- Stephen Elder, Executive Director, Catholic Education Commission of Victoria
- Michelle Green, Chief Executive, Independent Schools Victoria
- Katy Haire, Deputy Secretary – Early Childhood and School Education Group, Department of Education and Training
- Professor Kwong Lee Dow, Independent Member, representing the views of students in all Victorian schools.
The council meets at least three times each year, and the Department provides secretariat support to the council.
Official Statement: November 2017 (pdf - 154.63kb)
Official Statement: November 2017 (docx - 5.35mb)
The Department’s Strategy and Integration Division is responsible for non-government school policy and secretariat for the School Policy and Funding Advisory Council. For more information, email: