Historical records once available from the Department have now been moved to the Public Record Office (PROV). These records may be of interest to:
- Education researchers
- School history researchers
- General public.
The following historical records on Victorian government schools and staffing (to 1954) are now located at the Public Record Office:
- Correspondence and building files (primary, secondary and technical schools, former Education Department, teachers’ colleges etc.)
- School history files and publications
- Historical teacher, staffing and establishment registers
- Pupil registers and rolls (only a limited collection)
- Scholarship registers
- Education photographs.
Members of the public undertaking research who require access to this material should contact the PROV,
99 Shiel Street,
North Melbourne 3051
ph: (03) 9348 5600 or tollfree: 1800 657 452
For more information about public requests for archived school records and historical information see: