Our experienced counsellors have worked with families for many years across social work, psychology and counselling.
13 22 89
Call Parentline 8am to midnight, everyday
How we can help
We can help develop strategies so you can enjoy your children and parenting experience:
- no judgement
- responses tailored to you
- a chance to discuss your child’s development
- help with positive parenting strategies.
- Parenting is not always easy, and at times all families can benefit from extra support
- Parents and carers are the experts on their relationships and situation.
We respect your privacy
Parentline respects privacy of callers. Your calls are confidential.
Common parent concerns
Situations where Parentline counsellors have explored strategies include:
- 'My 2 year old has lots of tantrums and I am struggling.'
- 'My 3 year old is a fussy eater.'
- 'My 8 and 10 year old continuously fight.'
- 'I am worried that my child is bullied at school.'
- 'My stepchildren ignore me.'
- 'My 12 year old daughter is on the internet a lot and I am not sure what she is doing.'
- 'I suspect that my 14 year old is seeing an 18 year old.'
- 'Child care had told me that my 2 year old is biting other children.'
- 'I feel like hitting my 4 year old, I don’t want to, but I am at my wits end.'
- 'My 15 year old has hit me.''I read my daughter’s diary – she writes that she does not want to live anymore.'
"The counsellor didn’t just blab on…. what they said was relevant to my situation. I felt understood."
"I often lack confidence in what I am doing so being able to talk with someone was really great for me. I did not feel put down or judged."
'I was most impressed that Parentline took my issues seriously. Sometimes I feel as if I am banging my head against a brick wall but I felt I got somewhere after the call.'