The Department of Education and Training aims to deliver high quality advice and services to the people of Victoria. To help achieve this, the Department welcomes your feedback, both positive and negative. Your feedback can help the Department improve its services.
Due to the diverse nature of the Department's services, complaints are most effectively handled by the relevant area. Please check the list below to find the relevant topic.
Childcare or Children's Services
Other Early Childhood Services and Programs
Curriculum and Examinations
The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) will respond to issues regarding the school curriculum, examinations, and NAPLAN.
Regulation of Schools and Student Exchange
The Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) investigates complaints against Victorian schools and student exchange organisations.
Victorian Training Guarantee
See the guide for lodging a complaint about the behaviour or compliance practices of government contracted registered training organisations.
Victorian Registered Training Organisations
The Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) investigates complaints against training organisations registered by them.
Our Complaints Charter
When you make a complaint we will:
- outline the process for dealing with your complaint
- provide you with any reasonable assistance to lodge your complaint
- treat you respectfully
- act impartially and objectively
- maintain confidentiality and privacy as required
- provide an indicative time for addressing your issue
- keep you informed of the progress of our inquiries
- when extended time is required provide reasons for our decision
- inform you of your rights of internal or external review.
If you wish to pass on a compliment, please contact the Department switchboard on (03) 9637 2000 and ask for the business area concerned.