The counsellors at Parentline
Parentline counsellors come from a range of professional backgrounds including social work, psychology and counselling. Our experienced counsellors have worked with families for many years.
Parenting is not always easy, and from time to time, all families can benefit from extra support.
Parents and carers are the experts on their relationships and situation.
Strategies are developed in partnership with parents and carers.
What Parentline provides
- Acceptance of callers in a non-judgmental way
- Personalized and tailored response to each caller
- Discussion of relevant child development information
- Assistance in developing positive parenting strategies
- Support so callers can enjoy their children and parenting experiences
'I was most impressed that Parentline took my issues seriously. Sometimes I feel as if I am banging my head against a brick wall but I felt I got somewhere after the call.'