Who are we looking for?
We are looking for talented and motivated people who are passionate about education broadly and want to make a difference. You do not have to have an early childhood or teaching degree to apply.
While your academic achievements are important, we are seeking well rounded candidates who have a broad view of the world. Tell us who you are, your involvement in the community, your social interests, your jobs experience and how you want to make a difference.
What does the GRADS program involve?
Now in its 34th year, the GRADS Program is managed by the Victorian Public Sector Commission (VPSC) on behalf of Victorian Public Service (VPS) departments and agencies.
Throughout the year you will participate in a broad learning and development program which explores the environment, organisations and culture of the VPS. The program includes three placements. Your first placement is with the Department of Education and Training. Placement two and three are with two other government departments.
You will be introduced to government and the VPS and assigned an executive mentor. You will work with other graduate colleagues on a team project and will be exposed to a comprehensive learning and development program which includes project and management, public policy and presentation skills.
The graduate program is positioned to help the Department develop our future leaders. This means you will be involved in important work and get access to opportunities not available to others.
What are the benefits to me?
All positions are ongoing at the successful conclusion of the program. The benefits of becoming part of the program include:
- exciting and rewarding work which makes a contribution to the Department’s vision
- competitive salary with a secure and ongoing position should you successfully graduate
- diverse experience to help you decide what you want to do with your career and empower you to make choices about your future
- strong ongoing support including core training, a structured program and supportive environment to maximise the opportunity for you to excel in your career
- flexible working arrangements with policies to achieve a good work-life balance.
How much will the Department pay?
Your starting salary will be based on the VPS G2.1.6 level. Should you successfully achieve all of the requirements of the GRADS program, you will be promoted to the VPS G3.1.1 level.
How can I apply?
Further information can be found by visiting the Graduates website .
Expressions of interest are open for the 2018 VPS GRADS Program. You can click on this link to Apply Now.