Grow, lead and succeed in early childhood
There are many different early childhood professions but they all have one thing in common – the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children.
Whether it is a hands-on role as an educator working in a kindergarten, or day care service; a health role such as a maternal and child health nurse; or a managerial role running a service, you’ll go home each day knowing that your work is supporting and enriching the lives of children and their families.
Early childhood is a growth sector. Qualified, committed early childhood professionals are in demand. Your training and education will be rewarded with a satisfying position and you can take your qualification anywhere, including overseas.
Many roles have opportunities for promotion and the chance to take on leadership positions for those who want to take the next step.
To read more about the different careers in early childhood, see:
- The Essential Guide (pdf - 3.35mb) - this booklet aims to showcase the professional opportunities available in the early childhood sector. For an accessible copy of this booklet, please use The Essential Guide Accessible Version (docx - 56.26kb).
- Early Childhood Education and Care – information about educators and teachers who work in early childhood settings like long day care, family day care, occasional care, kindergarten and outside school hours care.
- Health – covers nursing professionals who look after babies and young children, parents and school communities.
- Allied Health – information about professionals who provide specialist health and early childhood intervention support services such as speech pathology and physiotherapy.
- Management and Leadership – information about the professionals at the helm of early childhood education, who run or support services, advocate for children and families and provide policy advice.
- Research and Academia - The early childhood sector offers a range of opportunities to progress your career, including research and teaching in tertiary settings