The Victorian Learn Local Awards recognise the inspirational efforts of learners, practitioners and training providers in the Learn Local education and training network.
The Victorian Learn Local Awards are held annually by the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board.
2017 nominations are open
Nominations are now open for the 2017 Victorian Learn Local Awards.
The Learn Local education and training network plays a major role in the development of local individuals, local businesses and local communities throughout Victoria. It delivers the skills that support our economy and underpin the inclusiveness of our communities. The Awards are an opportunity to showcase this valuable work. Through the Awards we acknowledge the network’s many contributions and celebrate the success of learners, practitioners and training providers across the State.
- Nominations open: Tuesday 18 April:
- Nominations close: Friday 9 June
- Awards judging including finalist interviews: June, July
- Finalists announced: Late July
- Winners announced: Thursday 31 August
This year there is a total prize pool of $66,000 across seven award categories.
- The Rowena Allen Award – Recognising Pre-accredited Learner Excellence
- Outstanding Practitioner
Each individual category winner will receive $5,000 and finalists receive $1,000 in prize money (two finalists per category).
- Outstanding Pathways Program
- Excellence in Creating Local Solutions
- AMES Australia Diversity Innovation Award
Each program category winner will receive $10,000 and finalists receive $1,000 in prize money (two finalists per category).
- Learn Local Legend (no external nomination process)
- Learn Local Volunteer Champion (new category – external nomination process)
Acknowledgement category winners will receive $1,000 in prize money (eight winners per category). In addition, the eight winners of the Learn Local Volunteer Champion acknowledgement category will be put forward by the ACFE Board for consideration as part of the Victorian Premier's Volunteer Champions Awards which are held in December.
Learn Local providers are not able to submit a nomination for the Learn Local Legend acknowledgement category. All Learn Local providers active in the region in 2016 and 2017 will be considered and a 2017 Legend will be selected by each ACFE Regional Council.
For more information regarding the Award categories see:
Award Category Descriptions (doc - 284kb)
How to nominate
Nomination Information Pack
Before submitting your nomination, please read the Nomination Information Pack. This contains conditions of entry, FAQs, Award selection criteria and the nominee and partner declaration forms. For Nomination Information Pack, see:
Nomination Information Pack(doc - 328.5kb)
Each Award category (except for the Learn Local Legend acknowledgement category) has its own nomination form and set of questions. To nominate you need to electronically complete the pdf form for the relevant Award category.
Download the nomination form below that corresponds to the award that you wish to apply for:
Please use Internet Explorer to download the form, however if you are using a different browser please see the below instructions:
- Left click on the relevant nomination form to open file in web browser.
- Click on 'save' icon in top left hand corner.
- Save in the desired location on your computer.
- Go to the saved file and open. You should now be able to open and save data into the form.
All other browsers (eg. Firefox, Chrome)
- Right click on relevant nomination form.
- Choose 'Save Link As...' from pop up menu.
- Save in desired location on your computer.
- Go to saved file and open. You should now be able to open and save data into the form.
Nominations close on Friday 9 June 2017.
Learn Local Awards presentation dinner
This year's winners will be announced at a presentation dinner which will take place in Melbourne on the evening of
Thursday 31 August 2017.
Stay tuned to this website where further details on the event (including how to purchase tickets) will be available over the coming months.
For more information, please contact the Victorian Learn Local Awards team at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 9637 2473.
For more information, see: