How to Enter
Nominations must be submitted via the online application system no later than 5pm on Friday 6 May 2016.
2016 Victorian Training Awards to submit your nomination online. Hard copy nominations will not be accepted.
Submitting a nomination
Applicants need to fill out their award nomination form and write an application addressing the award criteria. Length of applications, nomination forms and Award criteria differ for each of the Awards so please check this before submitting your application.
Conditions of Entry
All applicants will need to read and agree to the Conditions of Entry prior to submitting their nomination. See:
Conditions of Entry
Once your nomination has been submitted you will not be able to make amendments, so please ensure it has been completed before pressing submit.
Checklist for applications
When completing your application, remember to:
- Meet the eligibility requirements for the Award;
- Directly address the criteria in your written application;
- Read and agree to the conditions of entry
- Submit your application via the online portal by 5pm on Friday 6 May 2016.
- Make sure that if you are applying for the Victorian School-based Apprentice category, you are still enrolled in school.
How to nominate someone else
- Nominations in all categories are welcome from vocational education and training providers, employers and industry, other organisations and groups in the VET system as well as individuals and the wider community.
- Nominees will need to agree to participate in the promotion of the Awards, as outlined in the conditions of entry.
- Applications are to be written by the nominee.
- Organisations (e.g. training providers, businesses) and individuals can nominate more than one candidate for a particular Award. Nominating more than one candidate from the same organisation for the same Award means they will be competing against each other.
- Individuals and organisations may nominate themselves.
- Student applicants (Apprentice, Trainee, Koorie and Vocational) must still be enrolled in their course or have completed their training within the dates outlined in the Award eligibility. There is an additional eligibility requirement for the Victorian School-based Apprentice of the Year Award, with the added stipulation that students must still be enrolled in school.
- Previous winners and finalists may nominate or be nominated again provided they still meet the relevant eligibility requirements (see relevant Award category for details).
- For the employer categories, any organisation or enterprise in Victoria can nominate or be nominated. This includes Victorian divisions and subsidiaries or national enterprises, franchise systems and franchisees, and public sector agencies and departments. Only the training conducted by the Victorian operation will be considered for the Award.
What happens to applications?
If your application is received after the deadline time and date, Friday 6 May 2016 at 5pm, then your application is ineligible. Only those nominees judged to be finalists will be contacted by the Department of Education and Training or its representative. Details of finalists will be made available online.
All applications are judged according to how well they meet the Award criteria. Applications are considered by judging panels comprising individuals with extensive experience in the training and industry sectors.