There are 15 award categories in the Victorian Training Awards; six individual categories, three training provider categories, four employer categories, an Industry Collaboration Award and the Lynne Kosky Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement.
The People's Choice Award will be presented to a finalist from an individual category. The Victorian Community will have the opportunity via social media to vote, with the winner announced at the Awards Ceremony.
- Vocational Student of the Year
- Apprentice of the Year
- Trainee of the Year
- Koorie Student of the Year
- School-based Apprentice/Trainee of the Year
- Teacher/Trainer of the Year
For further information including eligibility and criteria for the individual categories, see: Individual Award Categories
- Small Employer of the Year
- Medium Employer of the Year
- Large Employer of the Year
- Employer Award for Apprenticeship Development
For further information including eligibility and criteria for the employer award categories, see: Employer Award Categories
Training Provider Categories
- Community Training Provider of the Year
- Small Training Provider of the Year
- Large Training Provider of the Year
For further information including eligibility and criteria for the training provider award categories, see: Training Provider Award Categories
Victorian Industry Collaboration Award
For further information including eligibility and criteria for the Industry Collaboration Award, see: Industry Collaboration Award
Lynne Kosky Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement
The Lynne Kosky Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement is presented in recognition of an individual's outstanding leadership and contribution to the Victorian training and TAFE system for more than 25 years.
A contribution may be a new innovation, new knowledge, or ways to improve professional practice deemed to be above and beyond the everyday with a long lasting impact within the sector.
Recipients for this award are nominated by the Minister for Education and Training .
The winner of this award is Victoria's nominee for the Australian Lifetime Achievement Award at the Australian Training Awards.
Australian Training Awards Categories
There are five Australian Training Awards categories open for direct entry on 1 December 2017 and close Thursday 31 May 2018:
- National Achievement Award
- Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award
- International Training Provider of the Year Award
- School Pathways to VET Award
- Australian Apprenticeships - Employer Award
For further information, see: Australian Training Awards