Now in its 63rd year, the prestigious Victorian Training Awards (VTA) recognise and honour the outstanding achievements of vocational education and training students, teachers, training providers and employers.
To watch the 2017 awards ceremony highlights, see:
Victorian Training Awards ceremony highlights
Australian Training Awards
Winners from the Victorian Training Awards (in aligned categories) have the opportunity to compete nationally to be named the best in Australia at the Australian Training Awards held in Canberra on 23 November 2017.
Congratulations to our Victorian Australian Training Awards finalists!
- Australian School-based Apprentice of the Year Award - Bethany Simpson
- Vocational Student of the Year Award - Louise Nicholas
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award - Tracy Mollison
- Australian Apprentice (Trainee) of the Year Award - Dustin Cross
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year Award - Susan Morris
- Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award (Direct Entry) - Kathrin Colgan
- Australian Apprenticeships - Employer Award (Direct Entry) - Crown Resorts
- Industry Collaboration Award – Futuretech
- Large Training Provider of the Year Award - The Gordon Institute of TAFE
- International Training Provider of the Year Award (Direct Entry)
- International Training Provider of the Year Award - Box Hill Institute
- International Training Provider of the Year Award - Holmesglen Institute
To find out more about the Australian Training Awards and to buy tickets to the Awards Ceremony, see: Australian Training Awards
2017 Awards Ceremony
2017 Victorian Training Award Winners Announced see:
The 2017 Victorian Training Awards Ceremony was recently held on Wednesday 11 October at Crown, Palladium. The Awards Ceremony places top achievers in the spotlight, showcasing achievements, best practice and innovation in training, placing finalists and winners centre stage as the best in the business.
2017 Victorian Finalists
Finalists of the 2017 Victorian Training Awards became Victorian Ambassadors in their category and winners may go on to represent Victoria at the 2017 Australian Training Awards.
To learn more about our 2017 Victorian Finalists, see:
2017 Victorian Finalists
About the Awards
The Awards are not only open to students, registered training providers and TAFEs but to Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) and large employers providing high quality training to their workers.
Winners and finalists gain state-wide recognition and were announced at the Awards Ceremony on Wednesday 11 October at Crown, Palladium. Award winners go on to represent Victoria at the Australian Training Awards in Canberra on Thursday 23 November 2017 (in aligned categories).
Through celebrating excellence in the training and TAFE system, the Awards highlight student achievement and showcase innovation and collaboration between industry and training providers - continuing to put Victoria's top achievers in the spotlight.
Through Skills First, the Victorian Government is delivering a trusted training and TAFE system that delivers real training for real jobs. The Awards bring confidence and pride to Victoria’s training and TAFE system.
2018 Victorian Training Awards Nominations
Stay tuned, the Victorian Training Awards nominations for 2018 open early December 2017.
The Victorian Training Awards program team can be contacted via phone: 03 9637 3962 or email:
The Department acknowledges the generous support of the 2017 Victorian Training Awards Sponsors: